Monday, April 5, 2010

New York

We're back from New York! What a BLAST! I'm now working on more artwork for work while watching the third season of Doctor Who after having devoured the second season yesterday night and this morning.

But back to New York. I think I can speak for Andrew and say that we had a magnificent time. It was full of phenomenal new sites, extraordinary food (including tongue, chicken's feet and oysters), excellent plays and lots and lots and lots of walking. Since I'm 3 weeks post-surgery, it forced me to really exercise my knee, which was much needed.

Some of my favorite parts of the trip that I don't have pictures of:
+Lend Me A Tenor. It's one of the funniest plays I've ever seen and it was incredibly well done (which I guess is to be expected since it was on Broadway)
+The Marina Abramovic "The Artist is Present" exhibit at the Moma. An incredibly powerful experience.
+An artist at Union Square who was selling little slips of paper with a message written on them "especially for you", and whichever one you chose was "meant for you". Mine said:
"The power and the force is with you my love...whenever things in your life get too stressful or confusing, go home and into a quiet place or room with no cell phones, no TV, no iPod and no computer. When ready, close your eyes, listen to your breath, feel your heartbeat. Listen to your breath and feel your heartbeat. In that moment, you will find peace and clarity you need * I will support you...be well."
+The BLT restaurant. Holy crap. Not only was the food amazing, but they took ALL of my silverware away after each course. I liked the sea bass best, as well as the haricot verts. I tried raw oysters (definitely not awful but, um, more of an experience) and mussels (REALLY good) and the Red Snapper looked terrifying when it was brought out. Totally awesome.
+Literally running through the middle of a pillow fight in Union Square.
+The Greek halls of the Met, where Andrew and I spent most of Saturday.
+The Donut Factory. I had a vanilla bean donut filled with blackberry jelly. Oh. MAN. Amazing!
+Having a squirrel walk right up to me, paws outstretched, and then look HORRIBLY disgruntled when I had no food to give it. New York squirrels. Geeze.

\
The rest of our photos are here: New York 2010 Photos

Fantastic weekend :) Now it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog