Friday, September 2, 2011

I am at the tail end of what will likely be a 50 hour week, which is sort of my treat after last week...which I have been fondly calling the 'week of hell' in the back of my mind. My interns are gone, my seasonal finishes on Monday and tomorrow is International Vulture Awareness Day, which has been a huge event to plan and is FINALLY here.  But I don't have a lot of interesting things to say about work or this week that isn't just boring coordination, so I'm going to give you a photo tour of the main floor of our new place. Bask in the glory of the astronomical mess we are slowly untangling and the adorable living space hidden somewhere beneath.

The front of the house. Ours is on the right.


"Oh, hello!" The dogs looking out the front door. The entrance to our place is on the right.

Our incredibly messy living room. Admire the fantastic paint job!


Looking from the living room through the doorway into the kitchen. MESSY.



Through the doorway to the right. We have a WORKING DISHWASHER.


From the stairs into the bathroom.


Into the back room. Once more, admire that bluish green! This room is the disaster zone. Slowly, I will rend it to pieces and reassemble it into glorious order.



The window in the disaster room. Can you find the secret visitor?


The door at the back of the disaster room leads into this! A mud room!


Just outside of the mudroom door we had a secret wasp nest that Andrew and I sneak attacked last night. They are all dead!


This is the patio. The stairs leading down lead into the mudroom.


This is the backyard! I'm watering it! I have a goal to save the lawn from the weeds that have overtaken it.


This is my inherited garden!


These are my tomatoes!

These are the neighbor chickens that Lucy loves to watch. She doesn't bark at them and doesn't act aggressive toward them, I think she's just fascinated by them.

Next time: The top floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog