Monday, July 9, 2012

This post is especially for Rachel! I did my first Warby Parker home try on a couple of weeks ago...I thought I took pictures of all of the glasses, but apparently not! Here is some photographic evidence. I am specifically looking for slightly nerdy-but-still-chic glasses with larger lenses. I want to play in this trendy kiddy pool for a while before it's not cool anymore. So here are my first two attempts:

These are the Owens. I thought I really liked these, but they ended up being a little big for my face.

These are the Huxleys, which are pretty popular, but again are a bit too thick and big for my face.

Ultimately, all of the glasses I chose had the general shape I wanted, but they were too thick or too big for my face. I realized that there is this magical number that shows how wide the bridge of the glasses is, and the next time around found glasses that had a bit narrower of a bridge. I actually only chose two pairs, and Warby Parker just so happened to fill in the last three slots with frames they thought I would like! Here's the results of that:

These are the Tenleys, which have GIGANTIC lenses but fit my face better than the last round of classes

These are the Webbs, which I really liked! But more on these later. 

The Prestons, also cute, slightly narrower frames.


The Coltons. Also cute, but the top of the glasses was a bit flat for me. 

These are the Owens again, which I still liked, but liked least out of this arrangement, I think.

Ultimately, the Webbs totally won out. I like that they are a bit larger than I'm used to, but I think they fit my face pretty well. I think I'm gonna get them!

Thanks for the Warby Parker reference, Rachel, now I'll have TWO pairs of glasses! A totally novel idea.

4 comments:

  1. How cute! You look great in all of them, I think. Although the Prestons and Tenleys are my favorite on you. Did you remember which ones I have? The Webbs! They really are a great frame. Big, but not too big. I think you will love them. I can't tell what color you got. Mine are the amber tortoise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That is so right! I totally forgot! Though, I got really excited about this and then realized that I was looking at the wrong package while I was typing and swapped the names of the Webbs and the Prestons-- the ones I'm actually getting are the Prestons, which I called the Webbs in my blog entry... haha! Anyway, WarbyParker is the best, thank you for introducing me to them. Our neighbor Eric saw the box on the porch a day after he was just looking at the site for the first time and had a weird moment where he thought they were psychic/stalking him, before he realized it was addressed to me.

      Another funny anecdote-- Andrew and I were helping with the kitties at the place that he volunteers at in Trolley Square, and a sort of eccentric, new age-y lady who owns the shop next door stopped over to see a cat and complimented the glasses (I was giving them a test run). Turns out, she co-owns The Spectacle across the way, a high end glasses boutique...so, cool!

      Delete
    3. Well, they look great! Like I said, the prestons were my favorite on you during the try-out part. See what I mean about compliments? Strangers give them to me on my glasses all the time. It's nice to ride the early part of a trend for once. In another five years I bet everyone is wearing vintage style.

      Delete

Search This Blog