Friday, July 6, 2012

Tuesday night, my coworkers in my department held a little movie night at the Aviary. I was a little (unspoken...ly) irritated that it was a coworker only thing, no spouses allowed, but Andrew was really gracious and reassured me that he would have just as much fun with new Team Fortress things at home, which as far as I know he definitely did.

The movie night was really fun though! We brought our department projector and screen out onto the lawn and watched Jurassic Park, which I haven't seen since I was about 12. I saw it with totally new eyes-- I'd never really noticed the tear-filled awe the two main scientists have, that turns into gut wrenching fear. Awesome.

I grilled peaches and drizzled them with a honey-lime sauce...at least, I TRIED to grill peaches, and then covered them in honey-lime to try to salvage them. Turns out, apparently not all peaches have pits that pull away from the meat? I've always thought this was a ripeness issue, but I later learned from Andrew that in fact it is a special kind of peach that can pull away from the pit, called a freestone peach. It would seem that I have just gotten lucky in the past, with scattered moments of absolutely DECIMATING the wrong sort of peaches, trying to separate them into pitless halves to grill. It sort of worked out, but apparently being too polite to call a dish massacred is the best spice.

Week is almost over. I wish I could egg it on and make it end sooner. Alas, tomorrow I have two outreach programs that I REALLY would rather not do, but after tomorrow is over, it's weekend sweet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog